Wednesday, June 8, 2011

More from Alumapalooza

Sarah has been practicing yoga for nearly 40 years. She has been trying to get me to do it for the last twenty. I thought I was in pretty good shape. After all, I ski, sail, hike, bicycle and do a lot of walking. But, since our last scuba dive in the Galapagos Islands wherein I wrenched my lower back, I have come to realize that my body has lost a great deal of flexibility and I feel like the Tin Man in a tin can for the first hour or so every morning.

At Alumapalooza two wonderful people led yoga class each morning. sKY and slaDE are two very warm and enthusiastic human beings. We met them on our first evening at Alumapalooza and were warmly invited to participate. The turnout in the tent the first morning was tremendous. There were almost too many people in this small space. There were fewer people for each of the following sessions which made it a little more comfortable, but it was sad that some chose not to continue. I have promised Sarah, and myself, that I will keep on with yoga. The highlight of the week came on the last day when we attended yogaFLIGHT. We were only able to scratch the surface of this fun and exciting form of yoga. But, with the expert help of sKY and slaDE, we made remarkable progress.

Static pictures cannot do it justice. While Sarah and I were quite shaky and certainly not graceful with our first attempts and moderate success, watching sKY and slaDE was like watching well choreographed ballet.

Here is a Sarah flying upside down:


 sKY and slaDE:

 Here is the link to their web site: http://rvthereyet.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments whether about content or style